A few words
The association aspires to elevate the standard of guides, making them internationally competitive in terms of personality, skills and knowledge.
Ethiopian Tourist Guides Professional Association was registered by the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Agency for Civil Society Organizations with registry number 4956 on June 19, 2020 as a professional association. Ethiopian Tourist Guides Professional Association (ETGPA) is a professional association which represents legally registered and accredited national guides with diverse backgrounds, interest and languages in Ethiopia.
The mission of Ethiopian Tourist Guides Professional Association is to preserve and promote the country’s historical, cultural and natural attractions sustainably, and pass it onto the next generation, and strive for professionalism and integrity by producing knowledgeable, skillful, trained and competent professionals. Our vision is to be a hub of competent & selfless tourist guide professionals and provide international standard service in the tourism industry.
- To legally protect the rights and interests of members of the association.
- To develop professionals that are knowledgeable, built with strong personality, ethics.
- Support the country’s tourism transformation plan.
- Create a platform for communication among professionals.
- Represent the century in a various international forms.
Our Main Objectives Include:
- To safeguard the rights & benefits of its members.
- To produce ethical & selfless professionals to provide world class service to the tourism industry.
- To represent the professional guides on national, continental and international stages.
- To support the National Tourism transformation master plan.
- To serve as a meeting hub for members.
- To move Ethiopian Tourism forward in collaboration with stakeholders.