ETGPA warmly welcomes new members
Tourist Guide Definition
A tourist guide is a person who guides visitors in the language of their choice and interprets the cultural and natural heritages of an area, which person normally possesses an area-specific qualification usually issued and/or recognized by the appropriate authority.
- A minimum certificate in Tour Guide Field from a recognized Tourism Training Institute
- Individuals who can meet the standard set by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism for Tour Guides
Key Skills for tourist guides
Potential tour guides should be fit and healthy with lots of energy and confidence, be able to work effectively without supervision, possess a calm ‘customer focused’ manner, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ethiopian citizen (who can present Identification Card)
- Individuals who can present Tax Identification Number
- Individuals interested in paying membership fees
- 2 Photographs
Registration fee is fixed at ETB 1000.00 (One thousand birr)
Annual Membership fee is fixed at ETB 1000.00(one thousand birr only